My photo
Collierville, Tennessee
Sassy bone-digger, leaving no secret buried. For my children - The Next Generation.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wilmington, Delaware photograph

Who is this?
I see Gran's eyes (Beulah Peterson), when I enlarge the photograph.  The photograph after some research was taken between 1860-1880.  A long time period I know, but I suspect earlier, rather than later. (Square-edged cardstock, with a thin, light colored border.)  If I was going to guess, at whom this might be, I'd say Granny McIntire.  She took her granddaughters (Eunice (her namesake) & Ida (Kit)) at the very least, by train to visit the relatives in Wilmington, Delaware.  I've been unable to find any siblings for Eunice Jackson McIntire - It could be Aunt Sallie (Sarah Ann Gibson) - but she wasn't that closely related.  

Gran has very unique eyes, and most of the girls in the family also have them, although not her unique color!  Her light green eyes with their dark colored ring (the limbus) around the edges, make her eyes twinkle.  She's been mesmerizing her admirers for over eighty years, with those sparkling eyes.

If only Grandma Walter (Eunice McIntyre Walter) would have thought to have written the names of Granny McIntire's friends & relatives on her pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment